Tuesday, September 3, 2013

I'm staying in Dordrecht for 6 more weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm sooooooooooooo happy. I love love love Dordrecht. woot woot!
I thought i would begin this week with the 3 hardest things for me. Warning: these are not spiritual, they are very temporal, natural man type things.

1. Not being able to dance.
OHHHHHH it's such a burden. Almost too heavy to bear. It is probably the greatest use of self control ever! I hear plenty of music all day long on the Streets or at the maarkts and shoot it's hard not to dance sometimes. I was thinking to myself, are dance battles allowed. Because I feel like I could dance battle people into listening to us. Or at least it might earn us some respect around here. Well, I will be asking about this dance battle business because I really think great things could come of it.
2. Lord of the Rings.
I have no idea why I'm having Lord of the Rings withdrawls. I receive daily reminders of something within the Lord of the Rings and then I think "oh I'll just put it on when we get home" nope. No LOTR for me :( not yet....
3. Mexican food or the lack of rather.
I believe I have mentioned this before. We found black beans today.....I'm so close and yet sooooooo far! They were a tiny can and super expensive so we didn't buy them. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh rage!

In other news we met a kid on a train named Roger. He was listening to music and this is how it went down:
Zr. Packer; What are you listening to?
Roger: blah blah blah (some radio station)
Zr. Packer: What kind of music is it?
Roger: yeah
Zr. Packer: What kind of music is it?
Roger: Yeah. It's nice.
Zr. packer: no, what KIND of music is it?
Roger: yeah

It was so funny.

And now for contacting corner. This weeks top contacting stories,
1. I begin contact and get rejected. Zr. Packer asks what she believes in and she replies, "I believe a lot and I'm closing this argument"
hahaha it was classic. I mean that was a really heated encounter....not. So now Zr. Packer and I interrupt one another and close the argument that wasn't happening.
2. People like to touch our name tags and say "Oh, I already know about you." - Zr. packer HATES it.

So this week we did service at a lady in our ward's house. It was hilarious! Both Zr. Packer, myself and apparently the next door neighbor can't understand her. So, she tells us what to do in the garden. We don't understand so I just start raking up the leaves. She comes barreling out and starts yelling at me telling me that I need to leave the leaves so that the plants have a nest. OOOOOOkay. So, I ask her what are we supposed to do then? She says something else I don't understand. So I start sweeping the patio and taking out the weeds from in the cracks. Here she comes again. No no no no no, you can't pull out the weeds you must cut them out with a knife. oooooooooookay. So we cut out weeds for two hours and her patio looked "netjes" as she said. Then she wanted to give us something as a reward for our work. Corn. Cold corn on the cob. hahahahaha it was the greatest. It was super yummy, it was just so random. But the next day I was reading in Ruth and after she had worked for Boaz for the day she was rewarded with corn just like us. I felt so great!!! We were just like Ruth just then and I felt so proud!

So I was on exchanges with Zr. Gallego on Wednesday. LOVED IT!!! Here I am 178 cm and she is 140cm. It was quite a sight. She is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I don't know what it is, but people just want to do great things around her. We've been trying to get this one lady to pray for weeks and Zr. Gallego barely mentions prayer and the lady says, "You know I think I want to try that.". WHATTTTTTTT!? I was just sitting there like are you kidding me? Well, it was super great! I learned so much from her. She's just amazing!



No comments:

Post a Comment